Bucks Developments Limited, trading as Bingo Bonanza (Bingo
Bonanza, us, we, our) take your privacy seriously, and we are committed to
protecting your personal information. We recognise the importance of keeping
your personal information confidential and secure.
Personal information is information by which you may be
identified directly or which has the capacity to identify you.
personal information, how we deal with and protect your personal information,
who we disclose it to, and how you can access the personal information we hold
about you. It does not cover
information that cannot be used to identify you.
with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993, New
Zealand (as amended from time to time) (the Act) and/or theEuropean
Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as applicable.
rights under the Act or the GDPR.
If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see
www.privacy.org.nz and/or the GDPR, seehttps://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/eu-data-protection-rules_en.
Personal Information we
collect and hold
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
about you in the course of carrying on our businesses, including providing
products and services to you.
Depending on your interactions
with us, the personal information that we may collect and hold includes:
• your name, username, address, email address, contact number(s) and account ID;
• information about your preference for products and services we offer from time to time;
• device location information as you use our products and services (should you elect to turn on background location tracking for our services, while you are not directly interacting with the services), including how you move around any events that occur while playing Bingo Bonanza;
• any information you may provide to us through customer surveys;
• any additional information you provide, such as communications with us, when you contact us, log in to our websites or applications, or call us; and
• any other information that you authorise us to collect.
We may also collect other information which is not necessarily personal information, including your IP address, cookies, and information about your device (including device identifiers, device OS, model, configuration, settings and information about third party applications or software installed on your device), browser and operating system.
You can choose to withhold personal information but this may
restrict the services and products we can supply to you.
Collection of Personal
We may collect information about
• you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products;
• you use our websites (www.bingobonanza.co.nz) or services including when you order products or participate in events through our website, applications or programmes;
• you enter competitions or other promotions (which includes surveys);
• third parties provide us information where you have authorised this; and
• publicly available sources of information.
When you provide us with your personal information, you are consenting to our use of such information and our right to disclose it to third parties.
Your Data Rights
You can at any time contact our support at [email protected] to get your personal data deleted. You may also request a copy of your personal data to be sent to you. If you need any further assistance regarding your rights, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
We do not intend to collect personal information from children aged under 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through our website and/or by using our services, please contact us at our contact details provided details below.
Storage of Personal
We will take reasonable steps to protect and keep secure the
personal information we hold, however, no method is completely secure and we are
not responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties. You are responsible
for ensuring your internet browser and computer system are secure and can
support any security measures we use to protect your information and for
keeping any log-in details safe and confidential at all times.
Your personal information will be stored either on paper
files or electronically in secure data centres located in New Zealand that are
owned by third parties. All electronically stored personal information is
protected from unauthorised access through the use of recognised security
procedures such as passwords.
We have strict confidentiality standards that control who on
our staff can see your personal information and what they’re allowed to do with
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information
for the following purposes:
• to provide and improve on services and products provided to you;
• complete a transaction;
• to process, assess and acknowledge any request for the creation of an account you have made with us;
• to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
• to undertake market research related to our product and services or future products and services for the benefit of our customers;
• to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose) and including future products and services which we believe may be of interest to you including by email, unless you tell us not to as detailed below under “Marketing and Opting Out”;
• to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
• to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
• to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
• to share your personal information with third parties where you have consented for that information to be shared with them;
• to train our staff, monitor, and maintain our systems and networks;
• for our internal purposes such as risk management and billing;
• to respond to communications and follow up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made;
• to monitor and screen any agreement or account you have with us for fraud or other crime detection or prevention purposes or risks to our products or services;
• for our other business purposes;
• for any other purpose you have consented to, or authorise.
• for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act; and
• to comply with any laws in New Zealand.
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, we may disclose your personal information to:
• another company within our group;
• any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products; and
• to the advisers, consultants and contractors we ordinarily, engage for the above purposes.
In general, the third-party providers we use will only
collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow
them to perform the services they provide to us. Payment gateway and other
payment transaction processors have their own privacy policies. We suggest you
review their policy to understand how these parties will utilise your data.
When you use the services, play our games, use social
features within those games (including cross-game features), or take part in
live events, we will share certain personal information with other users.
This personal information includes your in-game profile
(such as your username, your online status, and your activities completed),
your in-game actions and achievements, the real-world location of Bingo Bonanza
resources you interacted with when playing the games (for example a square
within the Bingo Board), and the public content you share on social media.
Additionally, certain games link to third-party sharing
features on your device that you can use to disclose personal information to
others outside the services; Bingo Bonanza does not control and is not
responsible for the practices of these third-party sharing features.
Information Shared Publicly
When you use the services, and in particular when you play
Bingo Bonanza and share an activity completion on social media, your username,
achievements and public messages may be shared on publicly accessible web pages
and may therefore be made publicly available.
Information Shared with Third Parties
We share anonymous data with third parties for industry and market analysis. With your express permission, we may share personal information with our third-party publishing partners for their direct marketing purposes only. We do not share personal information with any other third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We only share information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties when we reasonably believe necessary or appropriate in order to:
• respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas and warrants);
• protect our property, rights and safety and the property, rights and safety of a third party or the public in general; and
• investigate and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions
Information that we collect from our users, including personal information, is a business asset. As such, if we are acquired by a third party as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition, or asset sale or if our assets are acquired by a third party in the event we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, some or all of our assets, including your personal information, will be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
How your Personal Information is Transferred
We operate our services
across the globe. Your personal information will very likely be transferred and
stored in a country outside of your home country, including in the USA, for the
countries may not be the same as in your home country.
transfer your personal information from the European Economic Area (EEA)
to other countries, including the USA, we ensure that a similar degree of
protection is provided to your personal information as within the EEA by
ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
• The country that your personal information is transferred to is a country that the European Commission has deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information as the EEA.
• We use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which gives personal information the same protection as it has in Europe when we engage with service providers.
• Where we engage with service providers in the USA, they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide the same protection of your personal information as it has in the EEA.
How long we will keep your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to
provide the services to you and fulfil the purposes set out in this Privacy
Policy. The same applies to anyone that we share your information with and who
carry out services on our behalf.
When we no longer need to use your personal information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we will either remove it from our systems or anonymise it so that it can no longer be associated with you. When removing personal information, we will take commercially reasonable and technically feasible measures to ensure any personal information is irrecoverable or irreproducible.
Access or Correct
Your Personal Information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to request access to any of your readily retrievable personal information we hold about you. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If the information held by us is incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, then you may ask us to correct the information and we will either correct the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If you want to exercise the above rights, email us at [email protected].Your email should provide
evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the
personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing you with copies of your personal information or correcting that information. We aim to provide the information or
complete the outcome you request within 20 working days.
Links to other
Marketing and Opting Out
Where we have obtained your consent to do so, or in circumstances where you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose, we may contact you from time to time with marketing material about our other products or services. We may also share your personal information with our related companies so that they can provide you directly with marketing material about their products and services. You may opt out of receiving this material at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
Your consent to receive this information will remain current until you advise us otherwise.
Privacy Concerns, Questions or Complaints
Privacy Concerns, Questions or Complaints
Bucks Developments Limited
Post: 17 Constellation Drive, Auckland, 0632, New Zealand
Email: [email protected]
Once we receive your complaint, we will respond to you within a reasonable period of time, usually within 20 working days.
We will respond and advise whether we agree with your complaint. If we do not agree, we will provide reasons. If we do agree, we will advise what (if any) action we consider appropriate to take in response. If you are still not satisfied after having contacted us and given us a reasonable time to respond, then we suggest that you contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by:
Phone: 0800 803 909 (from 8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday)
Post: PO Box 10-094, The Terrace, Wellington, 6143, New Zealand
Email: [email protected]